Student establishes accommodations with an AEC advisor.
Student provides their notification letter to the instructor (see Notification Letter). This will be emailed and may also be provided in hard copy by the student.
- Student meets with instructor early in the term to discuss testing accommodations.
- Many instructors are able to provide testing accommodations by proctoring exams in a nearby office or meeting room. If the instructor can provide testing accommodations, AEC does not need to be informed.
- If instructors are unable to make alternative exam arrangements, students may schedule exams with AEC using our online portal, AEC Connect. Students are expected to meet applicable deadlines (see Testing Accommodations).
- In order for AEC to proctor the student's exams, the instructor is required to fill out a testing agreement (by following a link in the emailed notification letter), which specifies the parameters by which AEC will proctor the student’s exams.
- The AEC, in collaboration with the Testing Center, will reserve an exam location and schedule a proctor, reader, or scribe, and secure any needed equipment.
- Students are expected to schedule exams at the same time as their class. However, flexibility is often needed due to class conflicts and/or AEC hours of operation. During weeks 1-10, AEC proctors exams between 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. During Monday through Thursday of finals week, AEC proctors exams from 8am-8pm (and 8am-5pm on Friday).
- Student meets with instructor early in the term to discuss notetaking accommodations. Student and instructor should communicate about how their particular notetaking accommodations can most effectively be facilitated.
- Instructor responsibilities vary depending on the type of notetaking accommodation.
- If specified in the student's notification letter, instructors are required to:
- Provide copies of notes/slides
- Allow recording of lectures
- Assist in securing a volunteer notetaker from the class
- Allow a computer based notetaker or transcriptionist to attend the class
- Students are required to follow all stated notetaking guidelines, including not sharing recordings or copies of notes/slides, and attending all classes in which notetaking services are provided.