Hesser Memorial Scholarship
Applications for the Myrtle Hesser Memorial Scholarship are now available!
Those who knew Myrtle Hesser, a food service worker and supervisor in the UO dorms from 1957 to 1972, discovered a warm and friendly person with a wry sense of humor and a soft spot for the students she fed. While Hesser had little formal education herself, she was smart and well read and chose to leave her entire estate to the University of Oregon for student scholarships.
- Available to Oregon residents and Non-residents.
- Eligible students must have a physical disability, such that it significantly impacts the student’s ability to work and attend school, or that the student incurs significant expenses that are related to the disability.
- Students must be admitted to or enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Oregon. If the student cannot attend full time due to the disability, the scholarship may be prorated for the term or year.
- Preference will be given to freshmen and sophomores with a minimum 3.2 high school GPA or 3.0 college GPA.
- Selection will be based on financial need, academic ability, and impact of disability. The scholarship award is usually between $3,000 and $8,000 and is renewable for up to 5 years based on continued eligibility.
Applications can be downloaded and submitted electronically.
All application materials are due by 5:00 PM Friday, February 12th. Email to email@example.com with "Hesser Scholarship" in the subject line.