A notification letter is the official communication to faculty that outlines the appropriate accommodations that have been established for an individual student. Before a student can provide a notification letter to their instructors, they need to meet with an AEC advisor to establish accommodations.
After a student has established accommodations with an AEC advisor, they will use our online portal, AEC Connect, to request accommodations and send notification letters to their instructors each term. Students are encouraged to do so during the first week of the term.
How to Request Notification Letters
- Log in to AEC Connect
- Scroll down to the box titled “Step 1: Select Classes”
- Check the box next to each class you’d like to use accommodations in and click “Step 2 – Continue to Customize Your Accommodations”
- Select the accommodations you’d like to use for each class and click “Submit Your Accommodation Requests”.*
- Make sure that “[Requested]” appears before each of your classes under “Step 1: Select Classes”
- Once AEC has processed the requests (within 1-2 business days), the notification letters will be emailed to you and the appropriate instructors.
*Please note: testing accommodations are grouped under the category titled "Alternative Testing". To view your established accommodations, log in to AEC Connect and click "My Eligibility" on the left toolbar.