AEC’s Accessible Tech Program handles technology-related accommodations and is located in Knight Library Room 4 on the ground level.
Services for students include:
- Consultation about alternative options to access course materials
- Software and hardware support for assistive tech and accommodations related tools that assist with course and course material access
- Conversion and editing of textbooks, image PDFs, and other course materials to accessible formats to fit your needs
- Troubleshooting services related to any of the above
In order to use these services students must first meet with an AEC Access Advisor to determine if these services are an appropriate accommodation.
Services for faculty and staff include:
- Accessible tech related consultations
- Tech accommodations related consultations
- General accessibility (primarily tech or document focused) consultations
- Accessible tech workshops and customized training
- Accessible tech collaborative efforts
To request or learn more about these services, please email email@example.com.
How to get assistive technology support and request course materials conversion:
- First, meet with an AEC advisor to receive a referral for Altformat services.
- Here is a short video on what to expect in an advising appointment
- To request a textbook to be converted, please email your Altformat contact.
- We will start by searching for an existing electronic version to modify to meet your needs
- Physical textbooks can be cut, highspeed scanned, and rebound with a spiral coil
- Physical textbooks can also be manually scanned without removing the binding
- E-books, depending on the file type and platform may also qualify for conversion
- More information about requesting textbooks for conversion can be found in this short video
- To request other course materials including materials handed out in class or available through Canvas, please email altformat staff.
Alt-Format Services contact information
Location: Knight Library Room 4 on the ground level. The easiest entrance to use is the West entrance adjacent to Kincaid. Using this entrance does include 3 stairs. An accessible entrance is available further South along the same sidewalk.
Drop in hours: these vary from term to term and are posted online.