Peer notetakers can receive $25 per credit for uploading notes from their own classes in order to facilitate notetaking accommodations for students with disabilities.
Signing up to be a Peer Notetaker
Login to AEC Connect
Use your Duck ID.
Provide Schedule and Contact Information
Enter the CRNs for each class in which you are currently enrolled.
Complete the Notetaker Agreement
Review and sign electronically.
Get Notetaking Assignment
When you are assigned to a course you will receive an email from the AEC with the details of how to confirm your assignment.
If you are assigned as a notetaker, you must upload notes within 24 hours of each class. On days when no notes are needed (e.g., exam, field trip, group project), upload a document that states the reason. Failure to do so may result in a reduction of payment. Typed notes are preferred, but handwritten notes can also be scanned and uploaded. Information about scanning at the University of Oregon Knight Library.
Follow these steps to upload notes:
- Log in to AEC Connect.
- Click on the "Notetaker" tab in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- Click “Upload and View Notes” on the left side of the page under “Tools”.
- Select the class, the week, and the day the notes were taken.
- Select the file and click “Upload Notes”.
All uploads must be less than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following file formats:
- Rich Text File (RTF)
- Text File (TXT)
- Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS or XLSX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX) (not recommended due to size)
- PDF Document (Scan with 300 DPI or less)
- Image (PNG, JPEG, or JPG)
If you get an error message after trying to upload notes, it’s likely because the file size exceeds the 5 MB max. To resolve this issue, try saving the file as a reduced size PDF within Adobe Acrobat by following these steps:
- Go to File.
- Select Save As Other.
- Select Reduced Size PDF.
- In the dialogue box that comes up next, make sure the Make Compatible With setting is set to Retain Existing.
You should now end up with a file that is well below 5 MB. If you still receive an error after following these steps or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Accessible Education Center hires many undergraduate and graduate students each academic quarter to meet a range of changing needs. Positions include: