Concerns and Grievances

There are several options for students to resolve disability-related concerns, complaints, or issues. The Accessible Education Center (AEC) is committed to ensuring that the University of Oregon is accessible and inclusive to students. If you have concerns about AEC support or procedures, or believe that you have not received reasonable accommodations, we encourage you to first communicate directly with your AEC Access Advisor. It is in everyone’s best interest that concerns over reasonable accommodations are resolved as quickly and as informally as possible. If the matter is still not resolved or if you disagree with a decision by your AEC Access Advisor regarding accommodations please meet with AEC's Senior Director. You can schedule an appointment with AEC's Senior Director by calling (541) 346-1155, submitting an appointment request or emailing

If concerns are not resolved to mutual satisfaction, or if there are additional issues, students may file a complaint with The Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance

Students who believe they have been discriminated against may also file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights at the federal level.