Detailed Appeal Procedures

Students may address concerns about academic or housing accommodation decisions affecting them in two ways. The first is to pursue an informal resolution. The second is to pursue a formal complaint. While we encourage students to begin with an informal resolution, a student may choose to start with a formal complaint. Formal complaints regarding AEC decisions or implementation of services will be managed as described in the subpage below. During the complaint process, an individual should continue to fulfill academic requirements until a final determination has been provided. Formal complaints involving instructors will be managed by the AEC as described in the III subpage below.

I. Informal resolution

II. Formal process for appealing AEC decisions

III. Formal process when an instructor denies an accommodation