AEC’s Accessibility Ally program is an opportunity for interested faculty and staff to increase awareness related to disability and develop skills and knowledge to act as an ally for accessibility and inclusion of students with disabilities. Our mission is to create a network of allies committed to eliminating the attitudinal, physical, and curricular barriers experienced by students with disabilities at the University of Oregon.
There are two components of the Accessibility Ally Program:
1. Online Module - available anytime through MyTrack.
- The Online Module is designed for instructors, but open to all employees, and covers topics including disability and higher education, legal foundations, universal design, typical barriers and accommodations, instructor responsibilities, and AEC processes.
2. Live Workshop - remote via Zoom, two parts, offered once per term.
- Topics include conceptualizations of disability, disability identities, disability history, disability representation, ableist language and microaggressions against people with disabilities, and universal design. Students are welcome to attend the workshop.
- The next live workshops will take place sometime during spring 2023 term. Please check back for updates!