I. Informal Resolution

In general, when a student is dissatisfied with any academic or housing accommodations, the fastest process for resolving the issue is to directly contact the student’s AEC Access Advisor. The Access Advisor will provide information about what might be needed to reassess the accommodation request, such as additional self-report or additional documentation.

A student may pursue informal resolution of a complaint by scheduling a meeting with the AEC Associate Director to discuss the complaint and explore possible avenues of resolution. If a satisfactory solution cannot be reached, the student may then initiate formal resolution through the process outlined on the page for Formal Process for Appealing AEC Decisions.